Monday, June 8, 2015

Jason June 8, 2015

great weekend!!

MUCH better. 

This week was great! it was one of those weeks were adversity and opposition were present, but it wasnt too much. it wasnt too hard, but definitely not the easiest week. It is ridiculously hot here, and I felt like on sunday after church and ready to break the fast, i thought i was gonna pass out!! haha but it was all good. 

so, the entire week, we put our main focus on Monica to prepare her for her baptism, and I personally put all my focus on My companion, Elder Del Angel. having been recommended to find what helps him stay happy and going, i found out that he LOVES english and so this week i gave him a topic of the gospel and he would practice contacting me and preaching to me that said topic, in english. hes a great guy and i love him very much. 

Anyway, as i said, we focused everything on getting monica ready for her baptism, keeping her excited and what not. the time finally came where we had her baptismal service, which was very successful...except for one part. after the millions of phone calls to members and the mission leaders, we are all sitting in the room and ready to go. that "little part" that was quite funny, actually, was how the time comes to perform the ordinance and the level of water was too low!!! we stalled with hymns, waiting, i even gave a talk on faith to stall (to be honest, i dont even remember what i said)...it was kind of a funny moment. But, nevertheless, she got baptized, and I was able to confirm her on sunday. So, Because of Him, Monica will be able to have the sacred opportunity to progress in this life in the Gospel, to be able to see and live with her mom again, who is currently living on the other side of the veil. 

In church, we scheduled rides for the investigators, and it was so fulfilling to see the miracles Raul and his daughter, Judith, Erendira, Isaac, Jose, and Aurelia walk through the chapel doors. Raul and Erendira are preparing to be baptized on the 27th of this month. I LOVE this mission!! I know that there is still much work to be done before the Lord says "well done, thou good and faithful servant"....its actually gonna take, for ALL of us, an entire lifetime to do his will and prove ourselves. I know that this mission, these 2 or 1 1/2 years, is not all the Lord is gonna look at when we see him again, rather he is gonna look at our ENTIRE lifetime on this earth. I testify that with the Doctrine of Christ and Jesus Christ as our foundation always, we cannot fall or fail. Noone is condemned to fail.

I know that I am not perfect, but i also know that the Dostrine of Christ IS changing me every single day. I love you all and thank you all for your support!!

love, 

Jason 

--

*Elder Newman*

Misión México Chihuahua

November 2013 - 2015

Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment