Monday, June 29, 2015

Jason June 29, 2015

CAMBIOS!!!

 

wow, lots of changes this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so, i should start by sharing that I had transfers last friday morning. it was the night before, thr}ursday, that they called me and told me that i had to be in the offices with my luggage friday morning at 10 am!!!  i was so surprised, and excited at the same time as i was nervousa and bummed. So, i am no longer in Lealtad, and i am now in another part of Chihuahua. it was hard to have to say goodbye to the ward members (the few that i could), but i know that great things are ahead. whats interesting is that wqe had a baptism planned on saturday, the day after my transfers, and she asked me to baptize her. so we were able to make arrangements, my new companion and i, and we were able to go to the baptism in now what was my previous area. 

I LOVED teaching Erendira and her family. she is so converted and is going to be a great member of the church. She was so happy and standing there with her in the font was an experience ill never forget. the spirit was so strong!! i remember that she had been really excited about the temple, and i could see myself coming back to chihuahua to go to her sealing in the temple. she is a divorced 24 year old mom with 2 kids...the gospel has helped her immensely. 

so, back to the transfers news: i am now in another part of chihuahua, new ward and stake, and the craziest news is that they put me as a zone leader! upfront, let it be known that i have never aspired to being a zone leader in my entire mission, and wasnt desiring it or expecting it, but i accept to do it because i know the Lord has assigned me to be a Leader again for some reason. its very different being a zone leader...in the few days that i have being one, the main thing we do is go visit the candidates for baptism and confirmation in all the areas of the zone, and we hardly ever work in our tiny little area. its mainly trying to always keep the zone in check and make sure everyone is working. im grateful for my companion who although he only has 9 months in the mission and about 1 month being zone leader, we both are on the same page when it comes to knowing that being a ZL does not bring any glory, and it makes us no different than any of the other missionaries. we give all the glory to God and Christ in our companionship. 

My new companion is Elder Meyer. He is 6 foot 4, and is from alaska!! he may not see it yet, but he is definitely gonna be one of my best friends. we are getting along too well, i think, and we are happy to be misisonaries. i will send pictures of him just so that you can laugh at how short i am compared to him. the record remains!--ALL of my companions have been taller than me!! 

so, lots of new changes this week, and we are hoping on having lots of success this week. I love you all and am grateful for your support. thanks for everything, and though its ridiculously hot still (although we are in the month of rain), we are survivin out here in Beautiful Chihuahua. take care, and never forget that our Savior lives and loves all of us!!

love, 

Jason 

-- 

*Elder Newman*

Misión México Chihuahua

November 2013 - 2015

Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment