Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Jason June 22, 2015

Hola a todos!

 

wow, what a crazy week! 

so, this letter wont be very long because there wasnt too much to report that happened this week. My companion and I, but worse me, got sick this week. We ate some bad enchiladas and...well, lets just say after going to the hospital, priesthood blessings, and Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, we are healthy and happy again. we were practically in the house all week. It was crazy, i guess i was so dehydrated that at the hospital they gave me 2 shots: one was in the backyard (i dont know why they think thats the only remedy here in mexico), and another one in the vein of my arm--they injected me with suero!! suero is a liquid that has electrolytes, and we have to take it here a lot especially in the summer because it is boiling hot here! its great though, because i really learned this time in this time of being sick, just how important it is to rely on the Lord.

I am so grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and for the restored knowledge we recieve through the Book of Mormon: that we will not be saved IN our sins, rather the Lord wants to save os FROM our sins. thats only possible through repentance, and we all need to repent everyday if we want to measure up to the Lords standard and Kingdom. kinda random, I remember a while ago that we ran into some Jehovas witnesses, and of the things they said, one thing blew me away the most, which was that "Jesus Christ is not the almighty god". .... i know who has called me, and I know that he truly is my King and my Savior, and that he is the Almighty of the Heavens and earth. Only through him and his name and his everlasting gospel, we will be able to dwell in the Presence of our Father and families eternally. Thats why im here, and I continue to learn that everyday-that I am here because he has called me, but in particular, i am still here because i desire the salvation of this people, and desire to be forgiven of my sins. I

I know that this is the only true church wherein we find the authority of the priesthood, and where we find the keys that connect those valuable ordinances that we perform on earth with the requirements of Heaven. I am grateful for the Lord, who is just and merciful. I pray that our Heavenly Father may bless you all this week and that we can all continue to have an enjoyable summer, even though imma meltin out here! 

with love, 

Jason 

--

*Elder Newman*

Misión México Chihuahua

November 2013 - 2015

Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment