Sunday, August 17, 2014

Natalie

Week 2! ...or technically one and a half ^_^....

Oh my goodness so much has happened this week!!! 

So a lot has happened that I can't remember in what order they occurred so if you don't mind reading a scatterbrained email then perfect! So already in the MTC I have learned how to pray in Spanish, share my testimony in Spanish, already written my first talk in Spanish, and have given 4 lessons all in SPANISH!!!! Ah it's been a little stressful haha but it's been good. My companion Hermana Bloomfield and I were a little distracted yesterday we were lacking in our studies but every other day has been class and or studies for at least 8 hours a day. It's soooo much for me because I've never studied this diligently in my life haha My district is awesome though, they are really rowdy sometimes but we all get along really well. We laugh so much it's great and there is this one Elder in our district, he is such a character haha he is so funny we have come to the conclusion that we wouldn't be the same without him. 

We have the privilege of being on the West Campus where all Spanish-speaking missionaries are. I think I mentioned that last time but what that means is, for those who have previously entered the MTC, you have no idea what it's like. This is awesome. lol the food is amazing, it's like BYU catering quality we just have meals cooked that taste homemade and not like "cafeteria" food. There are two different entree choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner and they are different EVERY DAY. It's been a whole week and they haven't repeated one dish since I've been here. It's great and plus there is always the salad and soup bar. We also live in our own apartments with a bathroom and one companionship per room, instead of 3 companionships per room and bathrooms and showers separate from the residence halls as I hear that's how it is on main campus. 

Our classes are also in the living rooms of what used to be other apartment complexes and our gym(s) are outdoors in those white inflatable "bubbles". I have only seen them used as indoor tennis courts but there are weights and such in one, basketball in the other, and the last one which we always go to is volleyball. There is also soccer and other field sports which we haven't been to yet. 

On Tuesday I am getting my visa!! So excited. Especially because I'm just going to Salt Lake and it's a few hour trip instead of Idaho or Vegas as some missionaries do. I'm really glad I'm not traveling for two reasons, one because I would miss classes and precious study time and two because I wouldn't want to wake up at 2:30 or 4:30 to do so. Ooh. I feel so bad for those missionaries. 

Well I'm running out of time and I should finish up but last thing I wanted to share was that the other day I had a really spiritual moment. I was sitting on the balcony during study time and I wanted to sing a song. So I opened to the back to see what titles in Spanish I could recognize and I noticed Te Necessito. I knew what it meant, I need you. Or in other words the equivalent I Need Thee Every Hour. I don't know why I just felt the spirit overwhelmingly. Especially when I got to the chorus: Señor te necessito. I burst into tears for whatever reason I felt it so strongly at that moment it's indescribable. I could feel him. I could feel his love. I felt it so strong I really do need Him. And I like that in Spanish the song doesn't translate to say I need thee every hour because I don't just need him every hour, I just need Him. Period. It's as simple as that and I'm so grateful that I have this time to dedicate all that I have to Him and learn of Him. I hope you all have a great week! Until next Saturday, 

Hermana Newman

P.S. If you would love to write to me on Dear Elder, check it out because I get your letter same day and I could read it throughout the week and then respond on Saturday. I think all you would need is my address info from my last post on facebook. Or if you want to email, email me preferably at least by 10 am on Saturday because I could print them off and read them until I have my hour which is anywhere from 1:30-3:30. Thanks a lot! 

No comments:

Post a Comment