Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Jason July 14, 2015

"And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard..."

this email may be a bit short... 

This week was great, and SO full of work! i think i slept in my bed a total of 2 times this past week, because my companion and I were always on exchanges with other companionships in our zone, doing interviews and what not. It was fun though, and we had great times bonding and getting to know our missionaries better. The weather is still crazy hot here, and im sure in pictures i look super sunburnt! There was this one MASSIVE thunderstorm on thursday, and boy was that an experience! i just wanted to comment on it because it was the biggest rainstorm i have ever seen in my whole misison. but im fine...no scrapes or bruises. 

The mission is going super well. I know that i didnt write everyone yesterday, but its because President held a mini leadership council, and we werent given time to go after cause we had our district meetings. But it was great, because we could all feel the love that President Chavez really has for us. Im so grateful to have a mission president who loves me and helps me progress spiritually, and i know that ALL of us as missionaries are not only assigned to a mission, but also to a misison president. 

In regards to our labors, we definitely saw in what we did well and what we need to improve on. I just want to bear testimony on my favorite missionary scripture, Jacob 5:71-72 - 

71 And the Lord of the vineyard said unto them: Go to, and labor in the vineyard, with your might. For behold, this is the last time that I shall nourish my vineyard; for the end is nigh at hand, and the season speedily cometh; and if ye labor with your might with me , ye shall have joy in the fruit which I shall lay up unto myself against the time which will soon come.

 72 And it came to pass that the servants did go and labor with their mights; and the Lord of the vineyard labored also with them; and they did obey the commandments of the Lord of the vineyard in all things.

If we labor with all our might and with the Lord, (principle),  then we will have joy and delight in our results (doctrine). I was able to share this with our zone yesterday, and the spirit really helped me to bear testimony on this. I know that The vineyard belongs to the Lord Jesus Christ, and therefore, everything that happens in it is his and his business, including our own selves. Therefore, we need to be exactly obedient to every command that we are given in the vineyard, so that we may bring forth fruit unto Him. The fruit, the trees, the tools, the time, the labors, the servants -- it all belongs to the Lord. But heres the catch: most missionaries or even members forget this, but once we enter the Vineyard to participate in this great work, there is no leaving it. There is no leaving the Lords Vineyard. So i know that as we end our missions, we do not "leave the field/vineyard" like most may feel, rather we are just called to a different part and are given sdifferent responsibilities. I love my savior and will praise his name forever for having given me this blessing to work in his Vineyard, and i dont ever want to leave it. 

I love you all, and pray that we may all be able to continue hastening this work of salvation, making it our TOP priority, so that we may be able to kneel at his feet and hear him say "well done, thou good and faithful servant". 

con amor, 

Jason 

--

*Elder Newman*

Misión México Chihuahua

November 2013 - 2015

Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment