Monday, March 16, 2015

Natalie March 16, 2015

What really matters

Hi everyone! Wow the weeks fly by so quick. I have already been with my companion for two weeks. She is so great. She only has four months left until she goes back to Mexico, Mexcio. That's where she's from :) One day this week, to repent for not talking with more people earlier on in the week lol, we contacted 28 people! Every week we have the goal to talk to 70 new people and we only had 20 or something really poor and then guess what happened.. on Saturday most of our plans fell through and there was so many people in our path that that's why we were able to contact so many in one day. Almost 3 days worth of the weekly goal we accomplished in one day and I know it's because Heavenly Father allowed our paths to cross with those people. We now have  many people we can go back and find. 

I want you to know that I know that the Atonement of Jesus Christ is real and we can literally feel relief if we submit to Him and rely wholly on Him. It's amazing what true and sincere prayer can do and study of the scriptures. I will always remember my parents teaching me, reminding me that if there are any two things we can do to stay close to the Lord it is reading the scriptures and prayer. And not just reading but actually studying. This past week an activity I did from PMG over two personal study sessions was about the Book of Mormon. The activity listed several pasages of scriptures of all of the reasons the prophets gave for why they wrote their records. They were 51 plus 4 others from DyC that I had discovered. As I sat there at my desk I had an excitement, a love to search for how many reasons there were for why the Book of Mormon was written. I couldn't believe how many I found. Still can't! And every single one was different or at least presented with an added piece of light. I love the Book of Mormon. It has the answers we need. Heavenly Father knows us and that when something is on our mind, we go to the scriptures, specifically the Book of Mormon and we find a chapter that answers exactly the thing we are preoccupied with. I have been thinking a lot lately how by the Book of Mormon we are able to testify and the Spirit too, for conversion to take place. This is something I am working on right now and I'm so excited, how to improve in this and truly as PMG says, use the Book of Mormon as our main tool and resource. 

I urge you to strengthen your testimony if you are not doing so and if you don't have a testimony, follow the words of the prophet Alma, in chapter 32 who said,

 27 But behold, if ye will awake and arouse your faculties,even to an experiment upon my words, and exercise aparticle of faith, yea, even if ye can no more than desire tobelieve, let this desire work in you, even until ye believe ina manner that ye can give place for a portion of my words.

 28 Now, we will compare the word unto a seed. Now, ifye give place, that a seed may be planted in your heart,behold, if it be a true seed, or a good seed, if ye do not castit out by your unbelief, that ye will resist the Spirit of theLord, behold, it will begin to swell within your breasts;and when you feel these swelling motions, ye will begin tosay within yourselves—It must needs be that this is a goodseed, or that the word is good, for it beginneth to enlargemy soul; yea, it beginneth to enlighten my understanding,yea, it beginneth to be delicious to me.

The fruits of the gospel can be experienced and we can be filled with enlightenment and true joy from the Spirit. This is what truly matters and has ever lasting happiness, through the hard times and the good. Until next week!

Hermana Newman<3

No comments:

Post a Comment