Monday, February 9, 2015

Natalie February 9, 2015

One last contact

Hey everyone!! Well another week has come and gone. Miracles are happening here on our island of Cozumel. I have decided that I'm going to buy a house here for vacations further ahead in the future. As well as the mission says because it's not normal for someone- a missionary to be in the same place for so long. Rumors say that at 6 months is when President takes someone from an area max. But there is a Sister who has been in the same area of Cancun for 8 months so who knows lol 

So with the picture of last week. The miracle of the pelota (ball).. We were walking home and it was about 9:05 pm so it was good time to be home. Unless we are teaching a lesson we are instructed to return home as close to 9:00 as possible but 9:30 is the very latest... So anyway we we rounding the corner when my companion starting kicking a dirty tennis ball (almost spelled durdy haha my English is going bad). With this tennis ball she kicked it hard and it crossed the street and decided she wanted to keep it and wash it so we went after it and in the process I refocused my vision to see a man who was trying to push his car close to the curb. I thought to myself maybe we should help him and then thought no we need to go home but then I was grateful for my companion who had the same thought and asked if I wanted to help him. I nodded my head and felt thankful she had the same feeling. We ran and asked if he wanted help and with great enthusiasm welcomed the help. I was surprised because normally the people refuse our help. I felt filled with the Spirit and energy as we talked and helped him. It turns out that he told us years ago he was going to be baptized himself into the church but for some reason or another that happened, he wasn't. Well he wanted to talk to us and offered us to sit but we told him gladly another day when we had more time so we went home and a few days later went to visit him again and he told us that he had found God through the Jehovah's Witness religion. And that if he wasn't a part of them he would join the church because he is fascinated with the organization but with Jehovah's Witness as well. 

Since then we haven't been able to visit him but that experience has taught me many things. One that there really are so many good people in the world even though they aren't a part of the church. That's why were are here to simply add to the truths that they have already learned. This experience reminded me of that concept and that the Light of Christ truly is inside each and everyone of us, we just need to find it in others so we can help them. I also learned that it really is always there is someone left before the night is over that you can help, change, or with whom you need to talk to. Yesterday that happened to me too. It was about 8:45 and we were getting ready to leave an investigators house I was praying that we could contact one more person and Heavenly Father put her brother in her house for us to contact and chat with. It really is the little differences and small happenings that make all the difference. I really do testify that as long as our desires are right and true, Heavenly Father will and does answer our prayers. I am so grateful for my Savior and close this testimony in His name, Jesus Christ. Amen. 

P.S. Did you know that Amen signifies firm and true? It also means, yes it is or can be that it is. Fun fact in case you didn't know!

Love from Cozumel,

Hermana  Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment