Monday, February 16, 2015

Natalie February 16, 2015

Natalie Love from Cozumel<3 

Well this week flew by! It seems like the time has gone by way too fast! I completed 6 months on the 6th of February!! and 5 months in Mexico, yesterday... WOW. I know what they mean now when they say the time really does go by too fast... Ni modo (oh well) lol 

How is everyone!!? How was Valentine's Day? Sorry I didn't send any greeting last week beforehand but I hope it was fun for everyone! Although of course everyday we should remember to show love towards everyone. Speaking of which, I am trying really hard to develop the attribute of Charity. The scriptures say that if we don't have charity we are nothing. 1 Corinthians 13:2,4,5,13. These verses are really short and highly suggest looking them up in the New Testament. I love this topic. I am praying for it because it's not easy to develop. Just think, well at least for me sometimes it's super overwhelming to think that Heavenly Father truly loves EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THE PLANET and all the exact same. Sometimes it just blows my mind. 

So even though Valentine's Day has come and gone I hope this gives you something to think about. Maybe you already pondered it maybe it never even crossed your mind. But that's why I love the scriptures. Siempre, SIEMPRE (Always, ALWAYS) we are going to learn something new from the scriptures, or at the very best we will be reminded of something we had forgotten. 

My challenge this week to you, is to really truly consciously be more charitable this week. Towards EVERYONE. Something my mission President made me think about was this, do we look at people as objects or obstacles or do we look at them as a person with hopes, dreams and wishes just like us..? Try not to honk so much at that person in front of you when there is a green light.. maybe he was distracted texting his family about their upcoming event or maybe he was thinking how to get out of his depression... I have no idea. It could be anything. What I have learned early on in this mission is to remember that everyone has a reason for everything they do. And we need to try and find their need(s) to help them and understand them like the Savior sees them. 

Now as a closing thought, this means we need to think of others more and ourselves less.. If we think, 'why are they judging me, why aren't they helping me?'... well guess what you're doin. You're thinking about YOU. You're still thinking about you. I hope my thoughts make sense and that together we can 'try a little harder, to be a little better'. -President Gordon B. Hinckley ''We Have a Work to Do'' 1997

 I love you all and have a terrific week!

Hermana Newman <3

P.S. For more study about Charity you can study in Preach My Gospel chapter 10 or Moroni 7 in the Book of Mormon :) Hasta Luego

No comments:

Post a Comment