Monday, February 2, 2015

Natalie February 2, 2015

I'm cold!!!!... not really

Hey everyone!!! Hope everyone had a great week! So I'm officially a Cozumelanian because it's been a little 'cold' or chilly lately haha. Since we're on an island there is a little more wind here and my body has adjusted (to a 'weak' one) because I got sick and when the climate changes rapidly from hot one day to breezy and windy the next people start to get sick. Just a common cold but I've had a little bit of a cough too. Don't get me wrong it's not that bad it could be worse I just think it's funny haha 

Well how has everyone been? We have been doing great! There are so many miracles from the Lord I can't even believe it. There are too many to describe but one is my companion. She has adjusted well and she knows she is here for a reason and can really make a difference. Her personality is coming out and she is just a doll, a real sweetheart. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to exercise my leadership skills and take charge when necessary. I don't like making decisions a whole lot, I like to go with the flow unless I have an opinion I will then say it so when we need to make decisions I'm learning best how to decide what is right and how our decisions can both help my companion and I grow. 

I know we can both be better as we all can try a little harder but one thing I can sure testify of is that when you truly ask in faith, with the Spirit in mind, He will guide you. We cannot doubt if it is the Spirit or not, as we learn from the scriptures if it is something good, it comes from Christ and from the Spirit. If it is not something good, it doesn't come from the Spirit. It's as simple as that. 

No baptisms yet but that's okay. I'm trying to not let that get to me. I know that there is other work right now for me to do. The key is to just keep moving forward, if we at all stop we move backwards. Something that I really liked, that one of the sisters told me is that as we teach we learn, and as we learn, we teach. I love this! I hope we can apply this into our lives and try a little hard to be a little better always!

Much love, 

Hermana Newman

No comments:

Post a Comment