Monday, December 29, 2014

Natalie December 29, 2014

 A new year has come!.. Almost :)

I am excited to start another year! I can't believe how fast time goes and that exactly a year ago from last Saturday, I submitted my papers to serve a mission. A lot has happened in this last year- mistakes were made, difficulties were experienced, many friends were made, and many laughs were shared. But what I love most is that at the end of it all, the only way to live is the Gospel. I can't live without it. Without knowledge of my Heavenly Father or a belief that Jesus Christ is my Savior, life is meaningless and pointless. At this time of year, I love that it is a time of utmost reflection. 

Reflection and admiration of what we can do better to improve our habits and acheive our goals. Reflection of who we are and who we want to be and can become. I don't know about you, but this next year, I am going to work my hardest until I have no energy left but even then I keep going because I have the strength of the Lord with me. Like my Mission President! I am always in admiration of how strong he and Hermana Kirkham his wife are. I sometimes think to myself, how can they keep going and going hardly thinking of themselves and giving this mission their all? I am working on that, and really learning how to put my trust in the Lord. 

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed the season. May we never forget that we can keep this Spirit alive with us always. It's not easy but it's possible to really put ourselves out of the focus and be there for someone else with love and the most desired attribute of Christ: Charity. Charity which is the pure love of Christ. Moroni 7:41-48

This last week I have been noticing more and more why Hermana Gijon is my companion. I am so grateful that yes, she is very sweet and loving and her testimony is amazing. We are getting along great. True at times I am noticing how we might but heads or disagree but the beauty of a companionship that I love is that we can learn how to adhere to each others needs and serve each other. I thank you for the constant encouragement because that is one of the keys I have been learning-- we just need to keep going, keep moving forward. Thank you so much for who you are and for in some way, caring and being there for me. Talk to you next year! ;)

Hermana Newman

Enjoy the photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment