Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Jason November 10, 2015 Final letter from the field

Hello family!!

well, I am very grateful for these 2 years that i have had to serve the Lord Jesus Christ in this formal way. to be totally honest, i don't really know what to write right now...we are currently in the mission offices, waiting for our final interviews with President Chavez. I am "companions" with Elder Smith, one of my best friends in the whole mission, who fortunately also lives in Lehi, Utah...so those of you who will be in the airport to greet me will also be able to meet him. But yes...we are here in the offices, and today i think is gonna be a looong day of reflection and laughs with those of us who are departing from this labor of Love. 

I know this may not be a long letter, because just as John wrote with the miracles of Jesus, I too feel the same in regards to the Mission memories and experiences, that "the which, if they should be written every one, i suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written". Simply put, I testify of Jesus Christ and of the divinity and reality of his Great and everlasting work of salvation. The Mission truly changes one, and i think the biggest change I saw in myself is really having in mind the eternal perspective of things. I have grown closer to my savior more in these 2 years than ever in my life, and I know that he loves me. Jesus Christ truly did appear to Joseph Smith, along with our Loving Heavenly Father, and through a series of events, the Gospel and the Preisthood Keys which govern this earth, were restored, and that allows you, me, and all our families to participate in authorized ordinances and return to the presence of the Father. Please, make it the most important thing in your life to obtain a testimony of Jesus Christ and His atonement, and stay true to that testimony. I have recieved it, and am excited to preach it to all. Thank you all for your infinite love and support. 

 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season;reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.

 For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

 I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith:

......In the sacred name of our Master, Jesus Christ, Amen. 


-- 
*Elder Newman*
Misión México Chihuahua
November 2013 - 2015
Alma 26:12

No comments:

Post a Comment