Tuesday, April 15, 2014

The work is hastening. Weekly report from Chihuahua.

Muy Buenas Dias a todos! 

Haha you all are wonderful. This week was very good, and we are continuing to work hard and getting to know our area a lot better. I have been really trying to work on being more patient, as we are in this area which is still kind of new to us, and because as you who are or have been misionaries know, it can be hard sometimes. Also, The thing that i want to improve the most on is my weaknesses:not only recognizing what they are, but also letting Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father use those weakneses to shape me into the Missionary, and the man, that they want me to become. 

 In regards to my health, dont worry-im fine, but my allergies have been gettin greally bad, to the point where it was a little hard to breathe in the mornings. for that, we went to a clinic and the doctor told me that i would have to get shots. like were talking 3 days in a row. so i thought, "oh, shots in my arm? no problem!".....they weren't in my arm.....and it was definitely a new experience for me. haha-ouch. 

We have now roughly about 6 steady investigators, but we are finding more and more every day! Lately, we have had leslie who is so ready for baptism but its a little hard because her family situation doesnt permit us to teach as much as wed like, but no worries-she will get baptized soon, im sure.

We found a new family this week! Carlos, Susana, and their 3 kids, one of which (and the only one that came to church) was Jacquelin. she is great and we were able to teach lesson one with them (the restoration). 

also, i think the coolest experience for me this last week was getting to teach this other family, Josue, Alexi and their baby kasey, about the book of mormon. They are part of another religion, and everything we taught them they agree with because they said they believe the same things in their church. but when i testified of the truthfullness of the book of mormon, and how it is a record of Jesus Christ coming to the Americas, Josue was a little stumped and puzzled, but didnt deny it. 

How Wonderful it is for all of us to bear testimony of the Book of Mormon, and how all members of the Church are missionaries. I love being here and doing the Lords work! 

Love, 

jason 

-- 

**Elder Newman**

No comments:

Post a Comment